Sunday, March 3, 2019

Who Let the Gods Out? #1 by Maz Evans

Who Let the Gods Out? (Who Let the Gods Out?, #1)My name is Elliot, and I accidentally freed Thanatos from his prison under Stonehenge. I was only trying to save Virgo, a girl from the Zodiac Council, but Thanatos said he'd help my mom's illness. Well, the Daemon lied. Now, he's searching for the Chaos Stones that he'll use to get revenge on Zeus and torment the mortals on Earth. Virgo needs to recapture him, and she'll lose her immortality if she fails. My problems don't seem as important, but I've got to find some way to protect my mom and save our farm. The neighbor lady is determined to tear down our home to develop the land. Virgo and I have contacted Hermes, who led us to his dad Zeus, and now we're enlisting the help of other gods and goddesses. I'm afraid to share all my problems with them, but I'm wondering if the Chaos Stones may be my answer.

This book shared a funny adventure full of unique gods, goddesses, and other immortals, although unique is probably an understatement. Virgo had a superior way of speaking to Elliot and thought human life was silly and illogical. However, the gods and goddesses were very supportive of Elliot. Hermes jumped at the chance to help and was happy to use the apps on his new iGod and to give fashion advice. Zeus was pretty cool and easygoing. He rocked flowery clothes and embraced the human way of life. His tendency to flirt and get married weren't admirable qualities, but his resolve to help Elliot was the backbone of the group's efforts. You don't often read about supernatural beings so determined to help a human. It's usually humans trying to impress the gods. When I checked out the book, I didn't realize it started a series. This book dealt with acquiring the Earth Stone, and it looks like each additional sequel will involve finding the other Chaos Stones. Thanatos wants them too, so he'll be the recurring antagonist. A prophecy says he can't touch Elliot, so that complicates his efforts. Overall, the book was a fun change of pace from some serious books I've recently read. Give it a shot if you're ready for a silly adventure. I plan to read Simply the Quest soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.