Friday, March 15, 2019

Wereworld #6: War of the Werelords by Curtis Jobling

War of the Werelords (Wereworld, #6)My name is Opal, and I caused quite an uproar when I reappeared in Bast. I revealed my father's secret to the Council, and the lions, panthers, and tigers have now broken their alliance. Allies have become enemies, and I've now pledged my support to the Wolflord Drew. We've returned to Lyssia where Drew is determined to save his friends. I've no doubt my brother Onyx will have his Bastians try to kill me, and King Lucas's soldiers have surrounded major cities. However, there are rumors that Lucas has conjured a force of Wyld Wolves, and they've committed appalling atrocities against men, women, and children. Victims suffering bites but remaining alive are cursed to become Wyer Wolves themselves. Drew has many loyal followers across Lyssia, but I don't know if they'll be able to survive this war. 

This book concluded the series, and you'll need to start it from the beginning. As mentioned above, the battles included heinous violence, as the Wyld Wolves were especially feral and vicious. Be forewarned. War of the Werelords still annoyed me with multiple viewpoints and settings, but the first half was more confusing than previous books due to characters switching sides. There were so many different characters and creatures that it was hard to remember which ones were good and bad. Also, Trent and Hector had additional issues that made their characters unpredictable. When coming back to the book after a day or two, it was sometimes challenging to recall what had already happened. The end of the book was better, as characters came back together to fight the final battles. With all that being said, I'd still invested hours of reading the series, so I wanted to see how Drew finally reunited Lyssia. I was also curious to discover the fate of several characters, and it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. There was some sadness, and the resolution included surprises. Overall, I enjoyed the plot and its twists, and characters morphing into animals didn't bother me as much as expected. The series won't appeal to everyone, but I liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.