Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Blackwell Pages #3: Thor's Serpents by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr

Thor's Serpents (The Blackwell Pages #3)My name is Laurie, and I can't believe what Matt told me about Fen; there's no way he's a traitor! Even if he's really the wolves' new alpha, there's got to be more to the story. Matt's duel to save the world is fast-approaching, and ferocious monsters are still popping up to stop him. Matt says he needs some warm-up fighting before facing the serpent, but this is getting ridiculous. We still don't know the location of the final battle, but one of the Thorsons has the information. It will be hard for Matt to return to Blackwell, since his father doesn't have confidence in him and his grandfather expects him to fail at Ragnorak. I've sworn to help Matt in this quest, and it's my destiny to be by his side. I only hope that I'm not forced to fight my cousin; there's no way I'll ever do that. 

This book concluded the trilogy, and you should read all three of them to get the full story. The culmination of events led to the inevitable climax of Matt squaring off against the Midgard Serpent. The author saved a couple of twists for this moment, so you can still be surprised. Matt's character faced criticism from his friends for being too nice and honorable when facing opponents. They kept telling him that his merciful nature would eventually come back to hurt him. However, his positive traits were key assets in saving the world. The series was full of adventure and action, but the dynamics of the heroic group were the most entertaining part. Fen and Laurie's close relationship added another factor to the conflict, especially when Fen was thrust into role of leading the monsters into Ragnorak. In the end, I was happy with the resolution of all the issues, as all the "good" characters lived happily ever after. Overall, lovers of adventure and Norse mythology should enjoy the series, and I recommend you give it a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.