Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Drgaon Slayers' Academy #5: Knight for a Day by Kate McMullan

My name is Erica, daughter of Queen Barb and King Ken, but everyone besides Wiglaf knows me as Eric. Girls aren't allowed in the Dragon Slayers' Academy. I'm writing my essay for the "Win a Knight for a Day" contest, and I'm sure to win. Sir Lancelot's been my idol since I was born, I've read his memoir "A Knight Like I", and no one knows more about this brave hero. Of course, Mordred the headmaster wants to get gold from Lancelot's visit, but being in the presence of a Camelot knight is all I want. There's no way I can lose the contest. Or is there?


All of the books in this series are very short, and each can probably be read in one sitting. My recommendation is to read all of the books straight through and treat them like different chapters. The series is funny with silly descriptions, jokes, and situations. Most of the books find Wiglaf saved by some zany twist of fate, although that doesn't happen this time. The author provides obvious hints of a conflict, as the presence of Sir Lancelot creates tension between Wiglaf and Erica. The two best friends team up in the end to resolve the problem. The resolution leads directly into the sequel, Sir Lancelot, Where Are You? Give these books a shot if you're looking for short, humorous stories about knights in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.