Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Max Einstein #3: Max Einstein Saves the Future by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein

My name is Max, and the Change Makers newest mission is to stop world hunger. That's kind of a big problem for a group of young geniuses to tackle. The biggest change this time is that Ms. Kaplan has put Hana in charge instead of me. I don't mind having someone else in charge, but it'll take some getting used to. I'm not sure why Ms. Kaplan doesn't like me, since she constantly reminds me of the change in leadership. The good thing is that we will visit Princeton where Albert Einstein once visited and worked on a time machine. I hope to learn more about my idol and maybe learn more about where I came from. Being an orphan, I always wonder about who my parents might have been. Of course, the Corp is still after me, and they've hired a vicious assassin to get me. I hope he won't interrupt the CMI's plans to finish our mission.


The book concludes the trilogy and answers many questions about Max. The series has been based in "reality" with the young geniuses doing improbable, but not impossible, things. However, this book introduces a bit of science fiction to explain past events. The book is a fun mix of dealing with world issues while dealing with the adventure of an evil organization trying to stop the CMI. Dr. Zimm has been leading the bad guys' efforts, and he's hinted that he knows Max from the time she was a baby. The mystery of her past has been a lingering mental conflict for Max and readers, but this book answers the question in an unexpected way. The CMI kids have worked well in the past, but this book introduces some conflict that goes beyond personalities. The most enjoyable character is an AI named Leo. He was taken from the Corp in the second book and reprogrammed by one of the CMI geniuses. He has all the abilities one might expect from a super robot, but his interactions with others come across in personal, yet robotic, sort of ways. He plays a major role in the plot of this book. Overall, this is an entertaining series that should appeal to lovers of science fiction, adventure, and helping the planet. I highly recommend you read this series, starting with the first book. Oh yeah, the group finds a way to end world hunger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.