Thursday, February 18, 2016

Otherworld Chronicles #2: The Seven Swords by Nils Johnson-Shelton

The Seven Swords (Otherworld Chronicles, #2)My name is Artie Kingfisher. I'm really mad that I lost the sword Excaliber, one of the seven swords, to Lady Morgaine, and now she's kidnapped my friend, Qwon. I need to collect all seven magical swords in the Otherworld within the next ten days, then return to Avalon, or the portals to the Otherworld will be sealed for the next thousand years. I've assembled several knights, including my sister Kay, to retrieve the swords and save Qwon. Morgaine is ruthless. Sir Bedevere lost an arm, and now he's lost a leg! I am realizing that one of my allies may be crazy and dangerous, and an enemy may actually be an ally. Many secrets are being revealed, but I am the one who must understand them and save the worlds.


You should read the first book in the series before this one. I'm enjoying how the author keeps me guessing. Hints are dropped about characters' true motives, and some characters mislead others, Merlin included. Some of the author's ideas are unusual. A character is able to summon a ghostly arm that gives him amazing strength for two minutes. Characters are able to magically travel from place to place through portals, but they communicate with each other using IPads. Artie's scabbard is able to heal wounds immediately, and the magical swords give characters vast knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.