Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Coin Slot Chronicles #3 and the Fiery Metal Tester by Rashad Jennings

Arcade and the Fiery Metal Tester (The Coin Slot Chronicles #3)My name is Doug, and my best friend Arcade has this awesome magical necklace. I'm hoping he can use it to help me with my problems. I've been living with my great-grandmother for years, but now she's been placed in an assisted living facility. Of course, I can't live by myself, and I don't know any relatives around here that might take me in. The brownstone is going on the market, but the realtor will have trouble showing it to potential buyers. I'm keeping Arcade's flamingo in the bathroom, and it's making quite a mess. Well, the flamingo actually came from the Beijing Zoo, but that's because of Arcade's necklace. It takes him on adventures to unbelievable places. But, like I said, I just hope he can use it now to help me find a new home.

I recommend you read the first two books in the series to fully understand the story's progression. The second book introduced the possibility that the token could transport Arcade to the past or future, and this book sees him learning to control it. The token's history is explored, and it's testing Arcade to see if he's worthy of being its owner. The book has a spiritual quality and promotes positive messages. Arcade's parents include Bible quotations in their notes and include prayer in dealing with difficult times and decisions. Despite some minor teasing, Arcade and his older sister have a special bond. Zoe always supports her brother and helps him stay safe physically and mentally. It's refreshing to read a series that focuses on good things in the world without accentuating the bad. A subplot involves the disappearance of the family dog that adds an amusing twist to the book. It's like playing hide and seek with the hider moving around somewhere, and sometime, in history. Overall, I can easily recommend this book, and series, for your enjoyment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.