Friday, September 11, 2020

The Sisters Grimm #6: Tales From the Hood by Michael Buckley

Tales from the Hood (The Sisters Grimm, #6)My name is Sabrina, and I'm amazed that no one else is worried about the growing threat of the Wolf. Grandma is doing all she can to save Mr. Canis from the mockery of a murder trial, but she can't see the Wolf has almost totally taken him over now. There's a secret weapon locked in bank deposit box that will stop him, but my younger sister Daphne has the key. She doesn't think we need it yet. I've got to figure out some way to get it before it's too late. I appreciate that my uncle is trying to find some way to awaken my parents, but that problem is stressing me out too. He's trying to locate Goldilocks, the only Everafter to escape the town, but she's very elusive. I know I'm making some questionable choices, but do I really need to listen to mature advice from the Trickster King, Puck?

You'll need to read the previous five books to fully understand all that's going on. There are underlying issues to the characters and conflicts. The Grimms have never been the most popular citizens due to their family's history, but the hatred is more widespread and nasty now. The Grimms frustration with the lack of justice and fairness is communicated well by the author having Robin Hood as the defense lawyer is ironic. I mean, he's not exactly known for being a law-abiding citizen. As mentioned above, Sabrina is going through an intense internal conflict related to Canis. The man has been a loyal, dependable defender of the family, but his Wolf personality has been slowly taking control in the past couple of books. Consequently, she views Canis as a growing danger, while the rest of the family still sees him as a dear friend. The key factor in his trial boils down to different variations of the Red Riding Hood fairy tale and trying to discover the truth about what really happened. The Mad Hatter is the presiding judge, and his craziness and wacky rulings will require your patience and understanding. The book's resolution leads right into its sequel, The Everafter War, as the Grimms continue to combat the Red Hand organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.