Friday, August 14, 2020

Fairy Tale Reform School #4: Switched by Jen Calonita

Switched (Fairy Tale Reform School #4)My name is Jack, and I got myself sent to the FTRS. My mother and pet cow have been taken by Rumpelstiltskin, and I think Gilly may be able to help me. She's defeated other evil enemies, and I know she's not above breaking some rules if it means saving her sister Anna from Rump. Her friend Jax doesn't trust me, but I don't like him much either. I hope I can keep my secret from Gilly a little while longer, at least long enough to rescue my mom. 

You can probably enjoy this book by itself, but I think you should enjoy the previous books first. Gilly is the main character, and she always gets obsessed with some major problem. Because of her tunnel vision, she's easily manipulated by the antagonists and tends to make bad choices. Rescuing her sister from Rumplestiltskin is the focus of this plot. An interesting twist to this book involves Gilly's efforts to help the daughter of Beauty and the Beast, new teachers at the school. AG has inherited qualities from both parents, and her father's beastly character comes out when she gets upset. Consequently, she's very withdrawn around other characters until Gilly helps her celebrate her uniqueness. People should accept their differences rather than conceal them. In the end, Rumplestiltskin will continue to be the recurring antagonist in the book's sequel, as he tries to overthrow the Royal Court. Overall, this is a fun and popular series, and I recommend you give it a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.