Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Dragon Slayers' Academy #2: Revenge of the Dragon Lady by Kate McMullan

Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)My name is Wiglaf, and the Beast of the East is determined to kill me once she reaches the academy. Seetha is pretty angry about me slaying her son, and she means to dispatch me in a slow, painful manner. Actually, I was lucky to discover his secret weakness, and my only chance of survival is to identify Seetha's vulnerability. I know it starts with the letters "ba". Ball? Babies? Badminton? I need to figure it out in the next few days or I'm a goner.

Each book in the series can be read in about thirty minutes, so there's little chance to develop personalities and relationships. Wiglaf is the well-intentioned, kind protagonist, and he believes his destiny is to become a hero. Erica/Eric (she's hiding her identity as a girl) is his best friend, but there are few meaningful interactions. They talk about the tasks at hand, but that's about it. In this book, Wiglaf talks about a need to be braver, but that's the extent of any feelings talk. Nevertheless, this book is a fun, quick read, and you might enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.