Friday, April 15, 2016

The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost

The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1)My name is Will. My day started by escaping an attack on my way to school, being accepted to an exclusive, private school in Wisconsin, almost getting killed by beasts while being chased in a field, and then surviving creatures trying to destroy the plane I was on. I've discovered that my running speed and stamina are uncommon, I can control things with my mind, and I have an amazing ability to sense my surroundings. My more disturbing discovery is of a secret organization that's trying to kill me! It seems there are creatures passing through a portal from the Never World to destroy humans, and this group is helping them. My new roommates are amazing, and I don't know what I'd do without them. I also still don't know why the Knights of Charlemagne think it's so important to kill me!


This book is probably for upper middle school readers, since the main characters are in their mid-teens. There's nothing inappropriate in the book. I seem to enjoy these stories with characters discovering their new powers. One of Will's friends has a photographic memory, another has uncanny agility, strength, and fighting skills, and one of the girls can communicate with Will mentally. It's a little mysterious that Will's girlfriend doesn't seem to have any special abilities yet. An additional mystery is whether the new school is good or bad. There's a connection between the people who first tried to kill Will and members of the knights. The plot includes plenty of action, mystery, and humor that should appeal to most readers. I've already started reading the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.