Friday, March 27, 2020

The Adventurers Guild #3: Night of Dangers by Zack Loran Clark and Nick Eliopulos

Night of Dangers (The Adventurers Guild #3)My name is Micah, and I've suspected for awhile that something was wrong with Zed. I know I've treated him like crap, but he was behaving stranger than normal. Then, he appeared in my dream and told me what was going on. A witch named Makiva took over his body, and she was responsible for the massacre in the town square. I don't think Zed fully knows what she's planning, but he wanted me to exorcise her from his body. Unfortunately, I tried but wasn't powerful enough to free him from her control. To Liza and Brock, the exorcism looked like I was bullying Zed again, so no one will trust anything I have to say. They don't know what I really think about him. Everyone in Freestone fears a repeat of the Day of Dangers, and I'm beginning to suspect Makiva is trying to summon it again. 

You should read the previous books in the series to fully understand the background story of this trilogy. I never imagined I'd use Micah's point of view to share the teaser. He was a pompous, arrogant character and hard to like. This book showed there was more depth to his character hidden beneath his cocky exterior. The previous books have described a growing bond between the new Adventurers, but their unity was in peril. Makiva's efforts and characters' secrets eroded the harmony. The fun twist to the plot was how Zed's soul was a character but had no influence over how Makiva controlled his body. His etheral spirit observed everything going on but wasn't able to communicate with any other characters, except for Micah. Dark magic was abhored by the king and all the guilds, so Micah couldn't tell anyone about Zed without risking his life. Unlike the previous two books, the third one took place within the walls of Freestone. The characters seemed to venture into all kinds of previously unvisited nooks and crannies, while trying to resolve the conflict. It took them quite awhile to fully understand the real problem, so the suspense was able to slowly build. Overall, I really liked this series and recommend you give it a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.