Thursday, October 20, 2016

Jerry's Mystery by W.W. Rowe

Jerry's MysteryMy name is Jerry, and this Fox is a problem. Fox is a new kid from France, and he's got all the girls thinking he's so special. Suzie and I are a thing, but even she is always hanging around him at recess. Wilcox is always telling me to be the best person I can be and to listen to my inner self. I guess I've let my anger get the best of me, and I may have done some mean things to Fox. Wilcox has told me to be careful around him, and I think he's trying to kill me. I mean it! He tried to push me off the top of a dangerous hill! Now, I've been told he has a plan that will hurt Suzie, but I will not let that happen.

You know, the books in this series teach important lessons about living life the right way. We must be true to ourselves and have compassion for others. Don't let anger control our behavior. Despite that, it felt like Jerry gave in to his anger more frequently in this book and didn't pass up chances to embarrass Fox. Wilcox lived down by the dump but provided spiritual advice to Jerry. Jerry regretted some of his decisions and was still learning to meditate to control his emotions. Jealousy seemed to be a larger emotion for him, although for some reason, he was reluctant to officially say Suzie was his girlfriend. The dialogue was geared for upper elementary kids, and the books are quick-reads. Considering I normally read more adventurous plots, I've found this series to be very refreshing and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.