Tuesday, August 6, 2013

H.I.V.E. # 3: Escape Velocity by Mark Walden

Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)This book is the third in the series, and I gave it a rating of five out of five. Many things happen in this book. A new organization called H.O.P.E. is created to fight villains, and Nero is taken prisoner. A new leader is assigned to the school by Number One, and this person will surprise readers. Otto and his friends escape the school to rescue Nero, but they are met by some unexpected enemies, but are also helped by some unexpected allies. Otto finds a way to save H.I.V.E.mind from destruction and also discovers a very useful, new ability. Otto is able to mentally enter a computer system to find information. The Overlord Protocol, a dangerous artificial intelligence, is once again at the heart of the problems, and it is prepared to take down the entire G.L.O.V.E. organization.

I'm not sure that I  can say much more than I've shared in my previous entries. The plot has a great deal of action, and the characters are interesting. After reading this book, one thing I can say is don't believe anyone is dead until the body is actually found and buried! This plot has many surprises. Readers who have enjoyed the first two books will love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.