Tuesday, August 6, 2013

H.I.V.E. #1: The Higher Institution of Villainous Education by Mark Walden

H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education (H.I.V.E., #1)I've seen this book for years and finally decided to read it, and I gave it a rating of five out of five. Otto wakes up with Wing on a helicopter headed for H.I.V.E., a school to train the world's best villains. However, the boys were kidnapped and have no intention of staying on the secret island. They meet a couple of other students, Laura and Shelby, and together they create a plan to escape. Over the next few months, the kids attend they're regular classes in Villainy Studies and Tactical Education, among others, as they also learn more about H.I.V.E. When the time comes to escape, things do not go exactly as planned.

Again, the plot is not classic literature, but I found it entertaining. The idea of the school was interesting, and I liked how the characters worked together. There was mystery included as the kids tried to figure out some way to escape, and there was a good deal of action. The climax included several surprises. The rest of the series has lived up to my expectations, and I've enjoyed all of the books. The plots are imaginative and always action packed. A lot of exploding things, chases, and daring escapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.