Monday, September 27, 2010

The Wizard of Rondo by Emily Rodda

This book is the second in a series, and I gave it a rating of three out of five. Leo and Mimi return to the music box and discover that a wizard is missing. A boy named Simon is accused of killing the wizard, so the quest team gets back together to prove his innocence. There is also a dark cloud hovering over the forest that is thought to absorb people it chooses. Once again, the team meets many unusual characters with unusual obstacles along the way.

If you liked The Key to Rondo you might enjoy this book too. I liked the imagination of the story, but it started to become kind of random to me. There were so many different unusual events and characters that I started to get tired of it. The action seemed to drag on, because so much time was spent describing the strange characters and unimportant events. I appreciated the creativity in the first book, but it got old for me in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.