Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Going Wild #3: Clash of Beasts by Lisa McMann

My name is Kelly, and I've finally found someone who appreciates my talents. Dr. Gray sometimes seems crazy and scary, but I'm proud to work on his secret project for the government. I'm not sure how the government plans to use the hybrid chimeras, maybe new super soldiers, but Gray must have something fantastic in mind. I'm proving my value by collecting DNA from different animals, although I feel sorry for scaring and hurting them. I guess that's the price to pay for advancements in science. It's hard to remember the times before Charlie came to Arizona; her arrival started all of my problems. Maybe not all of them. I don't miss my parents, and I was surprised how easy it was to hypnotize and make them forget me. That hurts a little, but I can't wait for the day when everyone will be amazed by my new abilities. 


You should read the previous books to understand the relationships between characters. Kelly joined the "bad guys", but her defection was due to insecurities and hurt feelings. Her parents were going through a divorce, and they were ignoring her when they weren't yelling at her. Her friends understood the danger of the bracelets and wanted to keep one from Kelly, but she interpreted that as an insult and a lack of trust. The bracelets were the backbone of the series, as they gave the wearers abilities associated with different animals. Charlie, the main character, had five abilities and had the least number of complications from the bracelet. Much of the plot dealt with Charlie and her friends researching possible new animals to add to their bracelets. Conversely, Maria's bracelet made her turn into a howler monkey, although other scientists fixed that problem. The plot stretched science fiction, as Dr. Gray was experimenting with hybrid human/animals. His goal was to change everyone on earth into hybrids, although Kelly and the team didn't know. They were starting to question Gray's sanity, so there was anticipation as to what they would do. Overall, this series has been a fun read, and I recommend you give it a shot. Lovers of science fiction, adventure, and animals should be entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.