Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Dragon Slayers' Academy #3: Class Trip to the Cave of Doom by Kate McMullan

Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)My name is Erica, although everyone else at the academy knows me as Eric. Wiglaf is my best friend, and he's agreed to keep my secret from the staff and students. He's also the only one here who's killed two dragons, but we haven't collected the hoard of gold from either one. However, the second dragon, Seetha, hid her treasures in the Dark Forest, and all of the students are being sent to find it. I hope I get a chance to slay my first dragon, although it's much more dangerous than you might expect.

I haven't read the second book in the series yet, but I don't think it's a huge problem. Each story can be read very quickly and could easily be chapters in one novel rather than separate books. Wiglaf is the main character and is very endearing. He doesn't like to hurt other creatures and especially doesn't like the sight of blood. He's willing to work hard and is doing all he can to become a hero. Each story in the series includes humorous twists which is the most enjoyable aspect of them. The books can be read in about thirty minutes, so it greatly limits how much character and plot development can be accomplished. I would rather have seen the author focus on one story to develop, but these books are still entertaining. Give them a shot if you're looking for a quick, funny read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.