Thursday, November 10, 2016

100 Cupboards by H. D. Wilson

100 Cupboards  (100 Cupboards, #1)My name is Henry, and my parents have been kidnapped. Actually, I really don't understand why that doesn't bother me more. I've moved to Kansas to stay with my aunt and uncle, and I sleep in the attic. I've discovered a bunch of cupboard doors lining the ceiling next to my bed, and they seem to be portals to other worlds. There is darkness behind one of the doors, and I can feel someone, or something, lurking behind it. I'm afraid to open any more doors, but my cousin is more reckless. She's disappeared, and I know she's trapped behind one of them. A letter from one of the worlds has warned me that opening the doors will be disastrous, but what else can I do?

The setting of the story is a little creepy, since most of it occurs inside an old house, in the attic. There's mystery behind the cupboard doors, and they're sealed with combination locks. Grandfather's room adds to the spookiness, as no one has been able to open it since his death two years ago. Henry's uncle even took a chainsaw to it! I wish the book had answered more questions than it created. The main antagonist appeared late in the book, and Henry made only a few trips behind the doors. He discovered some information about his past, but then the book ended. Plan to read the sequel after finishing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.