Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Youngest Templar #3: Orphan of Density by Michael P. Spradlin

Orphan of Destiny (The Youngest Templar, #3)My name is Robard, and I didn't think it was possible for Tristan, Maryam, and I to anger so many people. I've lost count of the number of different soldiers trying to kill us. I know there's more to Tristan's quest than simply delivering a message, but I've promised to accompany him to the end. Sir Hugh and the Templars are after him, the King's Guards are after him, and now I've insulted and embarrassed Shire Reeve, the wicked cur stealing property from the citizens of Nottingham. I'm honored that he's made me a wanted man! Even though I've just returned to my home in Sherwood Forest, I must leave to help Tristan his quest. He's revealed the truth of it to me, but the real reason for the pursuit of the King's Knights was shocking. I must keep him alive at all costs!


I enjoyed this series very much. The conclusion seemed to be a bit rushed after the trials and tribulations of the extended plot, but the events were interesting and satisfying. It contained plenty of adventure and action, as the trio always seemed to be getting into trouble. Tristan constantly said he had plans, but that didn't keep the others from teasing him, especially Robard. Their back-and-forth banter was entertaining. However, the three main characters were tight and fiercely loyal to each other. There was a dog named Angel that traveled with the group. This dog saved them numerous times during the plot, but the resolution revealed an interesting truth about her. If you know anything about Robin Hood, you should enjoy the many references to his tale. The characters are aided by a friar named Tuck, a blacksmith named John Little, and the Merry Men who are loyal to Robard Hode. As I mentioned in my book 2 post, I think this series could have been written as one long book, but I still recommend it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.