Monday, February 8, 2016

The Arm of the Starfish by Madeleine L'Engle

I gave this book a rating of four out of five. Adam travels to Portugal for a summer job working with a world-famous marine biologist. Dr. O'Keefe is studying the starfish's ability to regrow legs that have been lost. On his way there, Adam meets a beautiful young girl named Kali who warns him that Dr. O'Keefe is actually a very dangerous man and a traitor to his country. Adam discovers the doctor has made great strides in his research that could affect the future of the world. He also finds there are people willing to kill to discover the doctor's secrets.

The conflict and plot were interesting and remained mysterious until the end. Like Adam, I wasn't sure which characters could be trusted. Adam made up his mind fairly quickly about who he trusted, but some complications arose later in the story. I had my suspicions about different characters, and it turns out that my instincts were correct. Dr. O'Keefe's research reminded me a bit of the new Spiderman movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.