Friday, April 19, 2013

A Bad Day for Voodoo by Jeff Strand

A Bad Day For VoodooThis book was recommended by a student, and I gave it a rating of three out of five. Tyler's problems begin when his teacher, Mr. Click, gives him a zero for cheating on a test. Tyler gets angry because he had studied hard, and his best friend, Adam, had copied off of his test. Adam tries to make up for it by buying Tyler a voodoo doll of the teacher. However, Tyler sticks it with a pin, the teacher's leg flies off, and he later dies in the hospital of a broken neck. Adam then gets a voodoo doll of Tyler, and it creates new problems. The boys tried to return the doll, but the car, with the voodoo doll in the trunk, was carjacked. Tyler loses a couple of toes, and the boys, and Tyler's girlfriend, end up wandering through the bad part of town. They need to get the doll back and figure out some way to stop the spell.

I usually have an open mind with books, but this one tested my limits. I'm sure there's an audience for this book, but I didn't need to read about body parts flying off and blood constantly dripping from Tyler's feet. The plot had some funny moments, but I can't say I highly recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.