Thursday, January 17, 2013

Infinity Ring #2: Divide and Conquer by Carrie Ryan

Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)This book is the second in the series, and I gave it a rating of four out of five. Dak, Sera, and Riq travel back to ancient Paris where the Vikings are about to attack the city. They see a Viking wearing an SQ insignia, so they assume they're supposed to stop the attack. However, Sera and Riq later decode a message and discover they have things wrong. Dak has mixed emotions between the excitement of seeing history unfold and not getting himself killed. There are battles between the Vikings and Franks, and a little face-off between a Hystorian and the Time Warden.

I wasn't gripped by the beginning of the book. I didn't have any background knowledge about the siege on Paris, so I wasn't real interested. However, the plot grabbed me more as it got into the conflict between characters, and the kids discovered their mistake. I liked Rollo's character along with his giant dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.