Thursday, August 9, 2018

Magickeepers #3: The Chalice of Immortality by Erica Kirov

The Chalice of Immortality (Magickeepers #3)My name is Nick, and my father is dying from evil magic. Theo says doctors can't help him, and his only hope is the Chalice of Immortality. The Shadowkeepers are everywhere, and Rasputin still wants to get his hands on me. I'll still do anything to save my dad. I'm thankful that Isabella is with me, and her connection to animals has come in very handy. We would have been torn apart by possessed wolves if her powers hadn't been so strong. We've traveled to England a couple of times now, and I'm wondering if the woman I've seen might know something about the chalice. She wears a white scarf around her neck, and I've noticed her watching me from a distance. We need to find the chalice soon, or I'll lose my father forever.

This book concluded the trilogy, and the books have been fun to read. Obviously, magic was very important, as it was used in almost every chapter. Communication, transportation, and self defense all required magic. Nick's visions from the past provided important information to locate the chalice. While the Chalice of Immortality was a very powerful relic, the holders of it often found themselves under its spell. Consequently, possessing the chalice might have been a curse despite any of its positive effects. Nick was told he'd become more powerful than Theo and Damian, and a flashback indicated he would someday rule over the family. This book was different from the previous two, since the ruling cousins displayed more support and trust for Nick than they ever had before. Nick didn't sneak around as much this time, and he was allowed to accompany his cousins on missions. As usual, there were flashbacks of famous names in history. This time, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Houdini, Shakespeare, and Amelia Earhart made appearances and displayed their roles in the chalice's history. Overall, the series was very entertaining, and lovers of magic should truly enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.