Monday, June 26, 2017

Skulduggery Pleasant #6: Death Bringer by Derek Landy

Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant, #6)My name is Melancholia, and I am the Death Bringer who will save the world. Of course, I must kill billions of people to begin the Passage, but it will unite the living and dead. Some necromancers think Valkyrie Cane is the one, but I will squash her soon and end those thoughts. I've already beaten her within an inch of her life, but she's now recovered and ready for more. Skulduggery Pleasant is her amusing partner, but I'm going to enjoy tearing the skeleton man apart. The only concern I have is the reported sighting of Lord Vale and his connection to Skulduggery. Although he was the last Death Bringer, I'm certain he won't be able to stop me. Some of the necromancers fear me, because they haven't fully embraced the idea of the living and dead existing together. Their deaths only make me stronger, so I'm sure they appreciate  the idea now. 

This book again displays Skulduggery's sense of humor, as Valkyrie and he fight the evil characters trying to ruin the lives of mortals. It also presents a couple of secrets that have been brewing in the past, and it's unclear how China's secret may change things in the future. Skulduggery and Valkyrie's secrets kind of cancel each other out. While I've been enjoying the series immensely, I'm not sure how much farther I want to go. There are still several more books to come, and the plots are getting redundant to me. Some super powerful entity wants to destroy the world, Skulduggery and Valkyrie take their lumps trying to stop it, and they finally figure out some way to save the day. What surprises me is the author keeps introducing unexpected twists, so I'm not sure why I have a problem. Maybe I've read too many in a row and need a break. I recommend you give the series a shot. The author's imagination and Skulduggery's sense of humor make it a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.