Thursday, February 21, 2019

Michael Vey #7: The Final Spark by Richard Paul Evans

The Final Spark (Michael Vey, #7)My name is Ostin, and Hatch is regrouping his forces after Michael sacrificed himself to destroy the island of Hades. My friends and I stole Hatch's super ship and escaped, but we needed to refuel in Fiji. Unfortunately, our options were limited. Hatch foresaw our plans and captured my friends in the Electroclan, so our ability to stop him is dwindling. My hope right now is to enlist the help of Tuvalu natives to put up some kind of defense. With no weapons or transportation, I'm not sure how we're going to do it. However, something strange happened last night that shook Jack and I. We both had the same dream, but was it really a dream? It seemed impossible, but the message we saw spoke of a "sun god". What does it all mean?

You need to read the previous books before reading this one. This book ended the series, and it was strange to have Michael Vey absent from most of the plot. Also, the natives and Ostin became the central characters in this book. That was the biggest difference I noticed from the previous six editions. I missed having the Glows around, using their electric powers to win the battles. Actually, the whole Electroclan was pretty much nullified by Hatch's RESAT, so more customary tactics were utilized by Ostin. Hatch threatened his usual methods of torture and death, while Ostin and the natives tried to find guns and other weapons. Ostin's never had any super powers, so his superior intelligence was their not-so-secret weapon. The climax of the series was explosive and will please fans of Michael Vey. I read the books as they were being written, and it was hard to wait a year between sequels. Luckily, you'll be able to enjoy them in one continuous string, and I recommend you give them a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.