Monday, July 10, 2017

Noble Warriors Trilogy #2: Jango by William Nicholson

Jango (Noble Warriors Trilogy, #2)My name is Echo, and I must find a Noble Warrior to save our Glimmen. An invading tyrant captured me and has threatened to burn it down if I refuse to marry one of his disgusting sons. I'm forced to travel with the Jahan's army as villages are destroyed and the male peasants are murdered. The Jahan will slaughter everyone in the city of  Radiance if the Radiant Leader refuses to kneel before him. I've heard the Nomana have great power and may be able to stop the Jahan's juggernaut. Unfortunately, the two people I've found say they left the Nomana and are not able to stop an army. However, they say their friend is more powerful than all, so I will find him. He cannot refuse to save my people; the Nomana have sworn to help the less fortunate. I was not prepared for his answer.

You need to read Seeker before reading this book, and the trilogy is probably more appropriate for teens. The main characters aren't kids. The plots jumped around to several settings, which I don't care for, but they all started to come together in the end. I most enjoyed the plot that followed Seeker, since he is the hero of the trilogy. He slowly discovered his hidden abilities but needed to learn what to do with them. Echo was a great character added to the plot, since she had a defiant attitude throughout. Her bravery and intelligence helped her stand up to the terrifying Jahan. An interesting twist was how the Jahan didn't restrain Echo, since she knew he'd burn down her forest if she tried to escape. The Jahan's army rode atop Caspians, and all of the other characters were amazed by these creatures. Readers will know something the characters don't, since Caspians are actually horses. The trilogy has a spiritual aspect to it, as the Nomana are devoted to their god. These characters did quite a bit of self-reflection, as they searched for their inner purposes. This led to unexpected decisions by several main characters and added to the conflicts. Overall, I recommend this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments unrelated to the books being described will be removed.